Monday, January 15, 2007

I have a dream.

Today is Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. day. Asbury College is generous enough to give faculty and staff the day off as a paid holiday. I find it fitting to take a few moments and blog about ethnic harmony in the United States. King spoke these works during his famous *I have a dream speech* "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." I personally have a modern version this dream also. The people would not be judged on their national origin but by the content of their character. That we would not need triple fenced barbed wire borders, that we would could live in harmony with all our neighbors not looking down on them. That Christians would minister to all people of all nationalities.

No comments: