Sunday, September 10, 2006

Kentucky Football Concessions

Each year my church runs a concession stand for every University of Kentucky Foot Ball home game. The church gets roughly 10% of the net sales, which we use to help fund the youth missions trips. This is my 3rd time volunteering . It is a lot of work we left at 2:30 and arrived home at 11:30. But I did enjoy working with the youth and adults of the church. I think that is is fun to be at the games and feel all the energy. Last week Kentucky was on ESPN's waiting list for the Bottom ten. Much to my surprise Kentucky Beat Texas St 41-7. The sea of humanity all wearing Blue and White in the stands was much more excited than dejected as I have seen in the past.

In other collage football news Michigan is 2-0 ranked in the top ten, Notre Dame is 2-0 ranked in the top five, and Ohio State is 2-0 and Ranked #1 after soundly beating #2 Texas yesterday. Michigan plays Notre Dame next weekend so that will be a huge test for Michigan, my all time favorite football team. Go Blue!!

No comments: