Thursday, October 19, 2006

I-75


In my life time, I have now been on about 2/3s of Interstate I-75. I consider I-75 the Main Street of Michigan, and the North/South Main street of Kentucky and Georgia. During our trip to Florida I was able to drive through southern Kentucky and Northern Tennessee during the dawn hours. It was absolutely beautiful, the trees where at their peak, there was fog in the valleys near Jellico mountain and the sky a cool pink, yellow, blue and black. I-75 has treated me well for the most part. The highlights of the road that I have travel are it northern terminus in Sault Ste. Marie, the Mackinac Bridge, and the Kentucky Tennessee state line area. I was impressed with Georgia where most of the way it was 3 lanes in each direction where the far left lane was open only to vehicles with 6 or less wheels.

No comments: