Saturday, August 26, 2006

Geocaching Coins

Yesterday I attended a geocaching event. I have always found it fascinating that cachers have such an interest in the coins. The coins are very *shiny* and unique. I have thought that they were also very silly. Why would anyone want to pay between 5-30 bucks for coin that sits and collects dusk, isn't there hungry kids that need food more that I need a shiny coin?? So a surrendered $8.00 and I am now the proud owner of a Kentucky 2006 geocoin. Maybe it will end of some place cool like Poland or maybe just Cleveland. The good news it has a tracking number so I can watch as cachers move it from cache to cache. I also get an extra icon on my profile for cachers to oo and aa about about. The proceeds help keep geocky.com up and running, which is a good thing since I enjoy using the site.

No comments: