Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Book Review: Libertarianism for and against

One of my New Year's resolutions was to read more. I have been some what successful this year. As I read books I hope to post a short review on the book.

Book: Libertarianism for and against
Authors: Creg Duncan & Tibor R Machan
ISBN: 0-7425-4259-9

This book is by no means exceptional. It does provide arguments from two view points from two authors from each view point. Which is somewhat refreshing compared to most political/economic books. However, I felt that too much of the point was tied up with arguing each other with both sides making faulty arguments. Neither side spent enough time proving their side. The book lacked real examples and often jump to conclusions especially from the "against side". Unless you are very interested in political philosophy you are better off to read a different book. Hopefully in some of my next post I'll talk about my personal views on Libertarianism.

No comments: