Saturday, August 26, 2006

Assistant Awana Commander

I have been an Awana leader 10 years now all of which have been in Sparks. If you count the 3 years when I was a Sparkie as a kid I have been *in* Sparks for more than half my life. This year I get to be the Assistant Commander at Cornerstone Baptist Church. I am charged with planning Awana Quizzing, AwanaGames and other activities. I am also planning of being in section time for both Sparks and T&T. We are off to a good start, last Sunday we started the year with about 13 Sparkies and *21* T&T'rs. Putting that into perspetive, T&T's largest attendance last year was 16! We have a great group of Leaders and kids. I pray that God will be able to use us to "Reach boys and girls with the Gospel of Christ and train them to serve Him"

No comments: